There is no certification or required credentials to be a mediator. Anyone can hang out a shingle. As a consumer looking for a mediator, you should ask about education, experience, and approach. Here are the key aspects of my background and credentials.
- I've been a mediator since 1993. I have mediated 100's of cases.
- I have a Master's degree in Conflict Resolution.
- Additionally, I've taken over 600 hours of additional training over the years.
- I read and study the field of conflict, negotiation, and conflict resolution with a continuing passion.
- From October 2006 to June 2014, I directed the Master's degree program in Conflict and Dispute Resolution at the University of Oregon as the program's first Director.
- I'm a parent with three grown children.
- I've founded and managed three businesses, one of which grew to 150+ employees. I understand business, the workplace, and the stresses involved in the workplace, in management, and in business partnerships.